Assoc Prof Rudi Laugksch
Convener: MEd specialising in Science Education
Interests: Scientific literacy or public understanding of science, science teacher development and training at in-service level, policy issues related to the provision of teaching and learning in the natural sciences, teaching and learning in Biology.
- Luckay, M. B., & Laugksch, R. C. (2015). The development and validation of an instrument to monitor the implementation of social constructivist learning environments in grade 9 science classrooms in South Africa. Research in Science Education, 45(1), 1-22.
- Aldridge, J. M., Fraser, B. J., & Laugksch, R. C. (2011). Relationships between the school-level and classroom-level environment in secondary schools in South Africa. South African Journal of Education, 31(1).
- Rakumako, A & Laugksch, R (2010). Demographic profile and perceived INSET needs of secondary Mathematics teachers in Limpopo province.
South African Journal of Education, 30(1), 139-152.
- Aldridge, J.M., Laugksch, R.C., Seopa, M.A., & Fraser, B.J. (2006) Development and validation of an instrument to monitor the implementation of outcomes-based learning environments in science classrooms in South Africa.
International Journal of Science Education, 28(1): 45-70.
- Laugksch, R.C., Rakumako, A.M., Manyelo, T.H., & Mabye, D.T. (2005) Development and validation of the Science Teacher Inventory of Needs for Limpopo Province (STIN-LP).
South African Journal of Education, 25(4):273-278.
- Laugksch, R.C. (2005). Analysis of South African graduate degrees in science education: 1930-2000.
Science Education, 89(3): 418-432.
- Buffler, A. & Laugksch, R.C. (Eds.) (2004). Proceedings of the 12th Annual Conference of the Southern African Association for Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education.
Durban: SAARMSTE. (CD) (ISBN 1-9198-3363-3)
- Laugksch, R.C. (2003). South African science education research. An indexed bibliography, 1930-2000.
HSRC Publishers, Cape Town. 535 pp. (ISBN 0-7969-2016-8)
- Laugksch, R.C. (2000). Scientific literacy: A conceptual overview.
Science Education, 84(1), 71-94.