Research Ethical Clearance
Guide to Conducting Research
Please read the steps below before submitting the application online.
2. Meet with your supervisor to discuss ethical issues and requirements in relation to your proposed research.
3. Submit the following documents:
- Completed research proposal
- Information letter for participants
- Consent form/s for participants e.g. information sheet and consent form
- Copies of interview questions (or guide) if appropriate
- Copy of questionnaire (if appropriate)
- Supervisor's acceptance letter
4. Submit application ONLINE.
NOTE: If you are conducting research in a government school that falls under WCED, you will need to get ethical clearance from the School of Education BEFORE making that application.
Applications must be submitted online. For queries, please contact A/Prof Joanne Hardman (Joanne.email@example.com) Or and Thembakazi.Rala@uct.ac.za